working with macchiato
Now that you know our philosophy and what inspires us, we can look at the process of getting your video produced with macchiato more in details.
The main steps are:
1. Getting to know each other
2. Establishing the purpose, style, and length of the video
3. Providing you with a quote
4. Providing you with our T&C and a contract
5. Delivering a script-storyboard
6. Shooting your video
7. Post-producing your video
8. Reviewing the video with you and getting a feedback
9. Delivering the video
10. Sharing a social media pack with you
11. Keeping in touch
Here you can find a more detailed description of each step:
1. First of all, we would like to meet you and get to know each other. We care about people, and we want to know everything about your business, your art, your charity, or your organization. We want to understand where you are at the moment and what are your aspirations for the future. Knowing what you’re passionate about and what you want to achieve will help tailoring your video in the best way possible. Give us a ring or send us an email, and we will be happy to meet you and talk about you.
2. During our meeting, we will also start to establish the milestones that will guide the production of your video:
– the purpose of the video: what do you need to communicate? Which kind of video is more suitable to your needs? It could be an advert, a presentation, a showreel, or a mix of different kinds of formats. Will it be used mainly online or on different kind of platforms? We will help you answer these questions, taking into consideration your branding strategy and your goals.
– the style of the video: which style is the best to deliver your message? Creativity is the key here. We can look together at different examples, and decide for a mood, an atmosphere, an editing style, a particular kind of photography. The video can look fast & exciting, cheap oakleys concise & professional, lyrical & introspective, relaxed & inspiring. We will decide whether to use text, voice over, interviews, and so on. Again, we will have a think about it together and select a style according to your taste and vision.
– the length of the video: this is a crucial element to produce an effective video. The general rule is that less is more and a video has to be able to grab viewers attention in the fastest way possible, especially when used online. We will help putting together all the elements decided previously and estimate the ideal length of the video.
3. After meeting you and having established the milestones of your video, we will create a production plan and figure out an exact budget for the work, according to equipment needed, deadlines, number of crew members involved, trying to keep it as simple as possible. We will send you a quote, with a timescale and all the expenses for you to consider. We are flexible and aware that video production can be adapted to all sorts of budget and we are open to discuss the quote with you to find the best balance between keeping the production low cost while ensuring the highest quality for your video.
4. After having agreed on the quote with you, we will send you our terms & conditions and the contract that will guide our collaboration. You can take your time looking at them and discuss with us any change you need.
5. Finally the time has come to start with the actual production work! We will work out a script of your video for you to review. Even for very simple videos, a script is helpful for you to visualise how the video will look like and require any change you need before the actual start of the shooting work. We can also produce a storyboard, a visual representation of the script, to give a better idea of how the video will look like.
6. And now the fun part, shooting. Following the production plan, our crew will collect the equipment and start shooting your video, taking shots of yourself, your business, your music, your exhibition, anything we decided during the pre-production plan. If you or other people are going to Ray Ban outlet be in the video, we will make sure everyone will be comfortable, keeping a nice and relaxed atmosphere. We will also record any sound required at this stage.
7. After the shooting, we will go back to our office to start the post-production phase. It consists of different steps, mainly:
– digitalising, converting and logging all the footage. It means basically archiving the shots, making sure everything is there ready for editing.
– video editing: putting your video together using professional software, such as Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro.
– colour grading: taking care of the visual appeal of your video, enriching colours, create a uniform feel and polish visual effects.
– sound mix: ensuring music, voice over, actual footage sounds are all working together perfectly and at the right volume.
8. Now the edit is almost completed, we will invite you to our office to have a look at the edit together. This is your chance to provide us with your feedback, making sure the video looks as you want, and require any change to the edit, titles, or any other detail you wish.
9. Finally, your video is ready! We will optimise the video format to the use you’re going to make of it. Whether it is going to be used online, screened, or on TV, we will make sure the resolutions and codec are the right ones for the video to be ready to use with no technical issues. We will then deliver our video to you and celebrate with you the end of our collaboration.
10. If the video is going to be used online, we will also offer a social media pack, with sharing tips for you to follow so that the video gets as many views as possible. Sometimes, businesses and artists are left alone once the video production is finished, with the risk of the video sitting there on youtube or elsewhere without getting many views. We believe, though, that this is a crucial step and your video needs to be seen! That’s why we want to offer our help to make sure your video is shared and appreciated.
11. Last but not least, we’d like to keep in touch with you! We want to know how you go on, how you’re doing with your plans, and establish a long lasting relationship with you, so please, have a chat and follow us on twitter, facebook, or linkedin.
We look forward to working with you!